Today’s big ideas range from
- The billion dollar losses that came from quoting an 1,100-year-old poem, to
- Why foreign companies in China have Stockholm Syndrome.
They also cover:
- How much of a threat the digital yuan is to the U.S. and beyond (answer: not much, but huge changes coming in China fintech),
- Why Japan will stay chummy with China, despite President’s Biden’s stronger embrace, and
- How China real estate is the ‘bubble that just won’t burst.’
As always, quoting or citing something doesn’t imply agreement.